Vinegar Style Slaw
2/3 Cup Vegetable oil
1 Cup Cider vinegar
1 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon celery seeds or Old Bay(celery seed is 1st ingredient)
1 healthy squirt of Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Head of cabbage (the pre sliced kits from the store work great)
2 teaspoon salt
2 carrots grated
1 small onion finely diced (optional)
1 red bell pepper finely diced (optional)
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar and mixed or shake until combined and sugar is is dissolved
- Core, quarter and thinly slice cabbage
- Salt cabbage and let sit for 30 minutes massaging with hand ever so often. If in a hurry and serving soon, you can microwave cabbage for 45 seconds to hurry this process.
- Combine all veggies and dress and let sit for at least an hour.
- Due to no mayo or dairy products this recipe is somewhat safer for your hot summer day bbq or cookout.