(Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen)
- 3tablespoons veg oil
- 1/4cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2tablespoons kosher salt
- 6medium garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 2teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1tablespoon Montreal Steak seasoning(I like the Weber)
- 2teaspoons dried oregano and I use some fresh too
- 2teaspoons finely grated zest and 1/4 cup juice from 2 limes
- Couple healthy squirts of Sriracha
- 1(3 1/2-to 4-pound) whole chicken
Put all ingredients but chicken in a blender and make a paste. Rub 1/2 under skin of the chicken and 1/2 outside. Put chicken in 1 gallon zip top bag and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
I roasted the chicken on my rotisserie for 1.5 hours at 350° until thigh read 160° on my gas grill. Increase the temp towards to end to insure you have beautiful golden brown fat rendered skin.