Green Chile Cheese GritsCourse: Sides
4 cups Chicken or Veggie broth
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 Cups grits
8 oz NY white cheddar
8 oz Cream cheese
2 cans Green Chiles small can
4 cloves garlic chopped
4 each eggs Large
1 stick butter unsalted
2 oz shredded cheese I like Mexican blends
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13 Pyrex
- Bring the broth, salt, and garlic powder to a boil in a saucepan.
- Slowly Stir in the grits and fresh garlic then whisk until completely combined.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the grits are thick, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cubed cheese, chiles , butter and stir.
- Add a small amount of grit mixture to the eggs to temper them and then add the eggs to grits and mix well
- Pour the mixture into the 9×13 Sprinkle with the shredded blend cheese and bake covered with foil for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Uncover the last ten minutes or so.